Please visit our links above and donate what you can to these Organizations. The Men and Women of our Military services deserve nothing but the absolute best for their sacrifices. THANK YOU!!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 8 26 Mar 69.6 of 2184 complete

Day 8 11.0 miles, Hiawassee Budget Inn. Excellent day. Up early as you may have seen the sunrise photo on Facebook. I wanted to make it into town relatively early so made good time doing the 11 miles in 5.5 hours. I was expecting the group i am hiking with to catch up but I was feeling good. I am obviously  getting my hiking legs and getting back into shape so besides a few blisters all is working well. I was at the road awaiting the hotel shuttle when a very nice elderly couple offered to drive me and the boys into town which was very much appreciated...Thank you Fred and Pricilla! It worked very well as I was showered and had my laundry done before the guys I'm with made it in on the shuttle. We all resupplied at an ingles down the road so am all set for the next four days. I will be mailing more things home tomorrow as the downsizing continues. Then a shuttle back to the trail at 1100. The plan is 11miles so will be entering North Carolina tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Good Tuesday Morning Scott.
    Great report. I feel as if I'm making the journey with. Keep up the great progress. Sounds as if your mind and body are one and all is going your way. You are meeting some fine folks and adding to your memory bank. Looking forward to your next communication.
    Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete