Please visit our links above and donate what you can to these Organizations. The Men and Women of our Military services deserve nothing but the absolute best for their sacrifices. THANK YOU!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 2, 20 March 15.9 of 2184 complete

20 March 7.7 Gooch Gap Shelter stayed in Tent - day two was a pretty good day but was really tough. Three mountains to go up and over let me know this was for real. :) It took me 6hrs 20 mins to cover the same distance I did yesterday in 4+15. Still beats working for a living and the views from the top of the mountains were amazing...I saw a lot of the views as i was taking a break every few steps. One hiccup this morning was that my water purifier did not work. It uses UV light and mine was defective out of the box. Wanting to save the battery I did not check it...don't do that. Fortunately other folks let me use there's which was great. The problem is that that I hike alone and the boys and I ran out of water approx 1.5 miles from a creek...not good at all. Fortunately there was folks taking a break at the creek so we were good into the camp site another 2 miles a head. Thankfully I have a signal here so was able to contact Vicki and she has a replacement meeting me in two days. I'm good for water until then as there is basically a group of about 20 of us staying at the same shelters. We all go at different paces but we all meet up in the same spot. Needless to say, I will be buying iodine tablets ASAP as a backup

No comments:

Post a Comment