Please visit our links above and donate what you can to these Organizations. The Men and Women of our Military services deserve nothing but the absolute best for their sacrifices. THANK YOU!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

BACK ON THE AT!!! tomorrow. :)

Hello Everyone,


I AM BACK on the trail as of Wed 11 July…WOOHOO!!!  For those that did not know, I was forced to come home on 1 June because some cowards broke into my house in New York. Infuriated, frustrated, and disappointed do not even come close to how it felt to have to leave the trail, end my goal of being called a "Thru-Hiker", and let down the charities I am raising money for. It has been a very long June 2012, but we have caught one of the low life's who was a part of it.  He has been charged with two felonies and a misdemeanor, so with luck he will spend 3-15 years in prison.


Now that this situation is well and truly in the hands of the Court and the wonderful State Troopers and Investigators who have been working the case, they have all encouraged me to get back on the trail. They have all said that this personal challenge and these two charities are far too important to let the actions of a few dirt bags destroy the rest of the adventure…and that they will call me if they need anything. I cannot thank them enough for all their support.


The best news is that Vicki is back from the UK, so she and my niece Mattie will be joining me and Mojo and Skye. Due to a festive 4th of July week with the "Wolf Pack", they have been given the trail names "Crocadillypig" (Vicki) and "TailBone" (Mattie). :)  Excellent names indeed. As I will not be able to complete a "Thru-Hike" this year, we have decided to "jump forward" and meet up with the "Wolf Pack"…the group I had been hiking with most of the trail. We will start near Delaware Water Gap on the New Jersey, Pennsylvania border. That leaves us only 900ish miles to go which keeps us on our scheduled of finishing mid to late September.


Thank you so much to all who continue to support our trip and who have donated to these wonderful charities. If all goes well, I will have walked 1600ish miles (73% of the trail) and Vicki and Mattie will have walked nearly 900 miles (40% of the trail. We will continue to update the every time we have phone service so you can follow along if interested.

We are still doing the "amount per pound" challenge as well. To date we have 6 folks who are participating. If interested, send us an e-mail. Remember, Mark will MATCH the TOTAL AMOUNT raised for this challenge, essentially doubling your donation. This is such a generous idea and we cannot thank Mark enough for this wonderful gesture.


I cannot express how happy I am to be able to get back on the trail, especially with Vicki and Mattie.  Thanks again for all your wonderful support!


All our Best,


Scott, Zip, and Trail Name - Papa Wolf.
Vicki - New Trail Name - Crocadillypig
Mattie - New Trail Name - TailBone

No comments:

Post a Comment